Sunday, February 21, 2010

Who needs video games when there are math games?!

Children start learning addition and subtraction at a young age. Considering most people learn better using pictures, most children are the same way when it comes to learning addition and subtraction. For example, a child would rather use counters then to do math on paper. Some ways that I teach the children I work with addition is subtraction is by using my manipulative kit and having them add or subtract the number of pieces depending on the math problem that I give them. It helps them get a visual of the problem, and makes it a lot easier for them to understand. Another fun way is to play games with children to help them learn. Posted below is one of the math games that a child I work with likes the best.

http://www.playkidsgames.com/games/pinball/addition/addpinballk1.htm

2 comments:

  1. I think that adults should be playing these types of games too. they are fun for me... but i guess that is why they came out with the nintendo ds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work with addition is subtraction is help me with math by using my manipulative kit and having them add or subtract the number of pieces depending on the math problem.

    ReplyDelete